When does the course start and finish?
The course is designed to be flexible, but on average students take 6 months to complete it. Each week you will get a new module with exciting material, exercises and lab work. You will also get a course kit delivered to your address and the shipping is on us!
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, please contact us in the first 14 days of the start of the course and we will give you a full refund for the amount paid.
What equipment/tools will I need to complete the course?
You need a computer (Mac, Windows or Linux) to view the contents of this course and to participate in the lab exercises. Any additional hardware that is needed for this course (like development boards and shields) would be shipped to your door free of charge!
18650 cells are not included in your course kit and will need to be purchased additionally. If you would like to us to source locally and deliver them to you, we would be happy to do that.
How can I get help during the course?
Throughout the course, you will have an opportunity to ask questions in the Q&A discussions. There are five ways to get answers to your questions during the course - Q&A discussion in the course, email to our support team, email to the instructor, live chat support, and from fellow students and community members in the MakerMax subscriber forums.
A note on shipping of lithium ion cells
International shipping regulations prohibit transport of lithium ion cells via air, which is why we will be assisting you in procuring the lithium ion cell locally from your country. The cost of a single 18650 cell will be under $10. You can also have us locally source and deliver lithium-ion cells to your address for a small fee.
Are there any prerequisites to the course?
Basic knowledge of reading schematics and basic C or C++ will help you get the most out of this course. We also have preparation courses in C / C++ embedded programming that you can enroll in alongside this course to brush up on your skills if needed.
Is there a certificate provided in the course?
There will be a certificate provided to you once you complete the requirements of the course and pass the midterm and final exam.
I am from Mechanical Engineering field, would I benefit from this course?
Many students and professionals from the Mechanical Engineering domain have joined this course and have greatly benefited from it. Most had minimal coding experience in the past. As a mechanical engineer here is how can succeed in this course.
1. Learn about the inner workings of Batteries and battery management through lectures, tutorials and hands-on laboratory exercises. Note that these don't need any previous experience in programming.
2. Work through the course quizzes, assignments, midterm and final and receive feedback from experts to know where you are going wrong and what areas you need to concentrate on.
3. The course deadlines are flexible and can be moulded according to your schedule. If you feel that you want to take more time in a section, or need more time to prepare for a quiz, midterm or final exam. This is totally possible here.
4. You will get FREE enrolment in our best selling Foundations of Embedded Systems course which has helped more than 2000+ students from all fields to get familiar with the concepts of ARM programming and gain the foundational hands-on skills needed.
5. If you want to take your time to progress to ARM microcontrollers, our course kit also supports Arduino Uno series of micros. So you can take it one step at a time.
6. If you want to excel in the field of Battery Management, Electric Vehicles, Solar, Stationary Storage, Telecom and Aerospace having a basic command over electronics and programming is necessary. This course will allow you to get out of your comfort zone and learn these things with experts by your side. It's a great place to try, fail and learn with experts there to support you along the way.
What help will I get with finding opportunities after course completion?
After you complete the requirements of this course, we will make a portfolio webpage dedicated to you hosted on the makermax website. This is where we will help you create the right project portfolio, resume, and references from our side to support your application to opportunities in the EV space. This has proven to help candidates stand out from the crowd when approaching EV, energy storage or battery related companies with the MakerMax team supporting them through the process.