Battery Performance and Safety Course Access
Understand thermal runaway and its implications on Battery Performance throughout the cell life cycle
✔ Do you want to increase the performance of batteries used in electric vehicles, portable electronics, and stationary storage applications?
✔ Do you want to improve the safety of your battery powered products?
✔ Do you want to save time, money and resources by improving your internal testing capabilities on Battery safety and performance?
✔ Are you a university or college student looking for a successful career in the Electric Vehicle, Stationary Storage, Solar, Aerospace, Defence, Consumer Electronics, Wearable industries?
✔ Are you a professional in the design, validation, quality assurance, or supply chain team of any of the industries mentioned above?
✔ Are you a business owner, or manager of a team looking to increase your knowledge in battery performance and safety?
If you've answered yes to any of the questions above, this course is designed for you.
This course is designed by a team of experts led by an ex-Tesla Engineer brought to you by MakerMax Inc. - a leading online learning platform for EVs popular in North America, Europe and Asia.
LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY
Here are some of the topics that you will be learning in this course.
- What is inside a Lithium-ion cell
- Construction of different types and form factors of cells
- Inherent safety features in different cell types
- How to choose the right cell chemistry for your application in terms of safety and performance
- Types of cell failures - internal and external
- Types of module failures - internal and external
- Types of pack failures - internal and external
- Mitigating failure propagation from cell to pack
- Understanding the mechanics of thermal runaway
- Stages of thermal runaway
- Mitigation strategies for thermal runaway
- Case study on Samsung note 7 battery failures
- Case study on Boeing dreamliner battery failure
- Case study on Battery factory fires
- Case study on Electric vehicle fires
- How to improve internal QA and testing standards learning from SAE, ISO and IEC standards
This is the course access page for enrolled students in the Battery Safety and Performance course. If you're looking to learn more about the course contents, curriculum and enrolment information, please click here.
He was a core member of the Battery Hardware and Firmware team at Tesla, where he worked on the Model S refresh, Model X and Model 3 vehicles. He is now the Director at MakerMax Inc., that is enabling an ecosystem for mass EV adoption by creating products such as battery analyzers, characterizers and battery management platforms that enable the industry to create high performance and safe Electric Vehicles. He also runs popular online workshops on Battery Technology to reskill professionals and students in this field.